Binding Financial Agreement Marriage

Q: What other names are BFAs known for? A: Mandatory financial agreements are also called marriage contracts, inheritance agreements, concubine agreements, separation agreements, and divorce agreements. In order to make it easier for you to select the right agreement, we have provided the “Choose your agreement” pages that will take you directly to the right document kit. We will guide you with simple explanations and we will make sure to receive the exact document corresponding to your circumstances. A court can annul and annul the agreement. The situations in which this is possible are provided for in section 90K (married couples) and section 90UM (de facto couples) of the Family Law Act 1975. Sections 90B-90 C of the Family Law Act 1975 deal with financial agreements between the parties to a marriage. Article 90UA-90UN applies to financial agreements entered into by de facto couples. The Act provides for de facto financial agreements between couples only if, at the time of the conclusion of the agreement, the parties to the relationship had their habitual residence in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory, the Northern Territory or Norfolk Island. When binding financial agreements were introduced in 2000, the law referred to them as “binding financial agreements,” but were only available to married couples. .

. .

Comments are closed.